Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Patience leads to a rational tomorrow

This morning I woke exhausted, restless, and hot and sticky under the growing humidity.  My alarm sounded off reminding me that I had just drifted off to sleep only a few hours prior. My mind was on overdrive, not allowing me to sleep. Again.


 In trying to sift through the gaggle of thoughts flying through my head the night before, I realized something.  My thoughts are forcing impatience. I know I have made decisions simply to shut my mind up. Under the guise that if I find some kind of closure to the relentless march in my head, and to quite possibly bring that future scenario (no matter how realistic or not) I've conjured in my head to fruition sooner rather than later, then I'll be free. At least free to be filled up with the next unrelenting march of a new topic. Unfortunately these decisions tend to be rash and the next day or even the next hour I question and fret about the decision of closure I just made. Fueling the never-ending cycle.

 I started questioning what life is. What it means for me, what I want out of it and do we really have any clue what life is about.  Of course the answer is as unique to each individual as the individual themselves. But, I think the bottom line is that life is about happiness. Do what makes you happy. Of course I could say, what would make me happy is to hop on a plane and fly to Paris tonight. But I think, like a designer who is working within given parameters, it's about designing that happiness to fit within your own unique parameters. Money doesn't always equate happiness, although I think it can sometimes if it's not taken for granted. We all need to live a little comfortably to afford that vacation or occasional splurge. But paramount to finding happiness is to do everyday what you love, what awakens your passion, even if it's just for a little bit. Be inspired to want to get out of bed in the morning to indulge your sense of sight, sound, taste, and touch a little everyday.Those senses should be appreciated because that's what makes the world come alive. Stare at the sky, listen to music, smell a rose, run your finger's down a piece of silk. Collect experiences like a stamp collection. Just do something. Other than work to live. And remember to breathe and believe.






No comments:

Post a Comment